“L’Announcements” is one of the most influential advertising publications on the regional mass media market. The publication has been operational since 1992 and prides itself on running only the most relevant ads in the categories of real estate, automotive, jobs, and much more (999 categories in total).
The paper publication has been a local favorite for a long time. However, as times change, old formats become obsolete and the company realized that it needed to evolve to stay relevant. The main goal of this project was to transition to a more modern format, as well as integrate it with the paper format.
The transition between formats was seamless thanks to a deep integration between the website and the paper publication through the “Announcements” and “Archive” sections of the site – the former serving as a bridge between the formats and the latter allowing users to browse through past paperback publications. Modern architecture and a user-friendly design ensured that the transition was as pain-free as possible for those users who were already accustomed to the paper publication.
- Rapid page loading through AJAX
- The “Announcements” and “Archive” sections integrate the website and the paper publication
- Synchronization of the “Events” section with the main leisure centers in L’viv
- Convenient content management
- Immediate content updates
- Intuitive user-facing site, which displays all relevant information without the need for a search
- Ability for the users to directly suggest materials for publication
- Convenient division by sections
- Timeline updates
- Top weekly news
- Logical heading structure
- Extensive Admin functionality, such as:
- to delay a publication,
- automatic posting to social networks,
- automatic import of events from external resources
- Admin panel was built utilizing the Admin LTE2 template
- SEO-optimization allows the site to appear as one of the top search engine results
- Payment gateway integration
- Retina Ready front end, developed using Twitter Bootstrap
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Push notifications
- Various third party integrations such as, MailChimp, Currency API integration, Weather API, and more.
Lvivski.in.ua turned out to be one of the most functionally complex projects delivered by MakeIT to date. The transition of formats and integration with the old format was carried out successfully. The convenient, new solution was well-received by the citizens of L’viv.